God’s Energy 1 — Reclaiming a New Testament Reality
How could it be that the New Testament teaching on God’s energy has remained all but invisible to vast parts of Christianity? What new spiritual and theological possibilities emerge when people embrace this dimension and allow it to shape their daily lives? In this first volume of his Energy Trilogy, Christian A. Schwarz unpacks the New Testament concept of energy, explains its explosive implications for today, and explores factors that made Western Christianity first ignore and then suppress it.
The Energy Trilogy
Volume 1 — Reclaiming a New Testament Reality
Volume 2 — Refocusing Our Image of God
Volume 3 — Transforming Christianity
The Complete Trilogy (with discount)
Introduction: The winding road to a lost truth
1. The biblical teaching on God’s energy
- Why you may have never heard about it
2. Enérgeia in the New Testament
- Clearly documented, yet largely undiscovered
3. Energy, evil, demons, and our freedom to decide
- Cognitive system and energy system in conflict
4. The uncreated energy
- The way of the Greek East
5. The divorce of the Greek East and Latin West
- How cultural pride hampers sound theology
6. The scientific view of energy
- Profound insights with spiritual implications
Postscript: Where do we go from here?
Appendix: Overview of the Energy Trilogy
Buy the book
Christian A. Schwarz is founder and president of the Institute for Natural Church Develop-ment (NCD International) and one of the world‘s most distinguished thinkers and communicators of church development. His institute has worked with over 65,000 churches in 70 countries, and his books have been published in more than 40 languages.