Pride, gluttony, envy, greed, anger, sloth, lust—it's not enough to just say "no" to sin.
Comes with 2 free tokens for taking any eTest on this web site.
The 3 Colors of Community presents an altogether new way of approaching life together. This book focuses on the qualities that are fundamental to any sort of healthy community, be it a family, a small group, a team, or a whole gathering of people. Based on comprehensive research, The 3 Colors of Community portrays seven qualities that all healthy communities have in common. Aligning with these principles not only harnesses the enthusiasm of the community members, but also brings about sustainable transformation in their lives.
- The Communal Test: What is the area of your greatest energy drive?
- Energy transformation: How to constructively utilize the energy behind the Seven Deadly Sins
- The essence of community: How to build small groups that reflect the kingdom of God
Chapter 1: The essence of Christian community—Why we have to address the Seven Deadly Sins..
- A small group is a group that is small
- What makes a small group holistic?
- Sin—breach of community
- Why it‘s not enough to say “no” to sin
- Christian consumers or disciples?
Chapter 2: The Seven Communal Qualities—How to address the 7 Deadly Sins...
- A path away from pride
- A path away from gluttony
- A path away from envy
- A path away from greed
- A path away from anger
- A path away from sloth
- A path away from lust
- The Communal Test: What is your greatest energy?
Chapter 3: Let the light shine—Creating community that changes lives...
- Sin as the absence of light
- Identifying the different voices within you
- Establishing more holistic groups
- Christian community—a glimpse of heaven
Buy the book
Apple devices (.epub) and Amazon Kindle (.kpf)
Christian A. Schwarz is founder and president of the Institute for Natural Church, Character, and Community Development (NCD International) and one of the world‘s most distinguished thinkers and communicators of "all by itself" growth. His institute has worked with over 80,000 churches in 70 countries, and his books have been published in more than 40 languages.